Two men from London have been sentenced to a combined 30 years in prison, after a man was stabbed in the neck in Southampton.
20-year-old Che Yethman-Spaine was found guilty of attempted murder and Callum Jeremiah Edwards, aged 18, of grevious bodily harm with intent.
They were given their sentences in a hearing at Winchester Crown Court yesterday (Thursday 10th January).
Yethman-Spaine and Edwards (pictured right) were in Watts Park in Southampton at 3pm on March 30th 2017, when they used knives to stab the 44-year-old victim.
The almost deadly attack happened in broad daylight and the victim said the pair targeted him because they mistook him for someone else.
The pair had been in the city following a dispute over drugs.
In a previous hearing, Miron Ramadani was given a six year and 10 month term for his involvement in the drug conspiracy.
Detective Constable Russ Smith from the Western Investigation Team said:
“This was a complex and protracted investigation into a brazen act of violence in our city centre parks. It was important to get the right result here today, to ensure those who think they can bring this kind of criminality and violence to Southampton that it won’t be tolerated, no matter how long it takes.
“Like most cities, Southampton has people who are dependent on illegal drugs and a high proportion of the illegal drugs dealt in Southampton are brought in by gangs from out of county, predominantly London. The enterprise is known nationally as County Lines.
“Through our campaign Fortress, we continue to try and reduce the harm caused by drugs. We work with our partners in outreach services to help people break the cycle and free themselves from drug dependency and execute regular police operations to prevent drug dealers, who bring violence and harm to our cities, from operating here.
“As well as enforcement, we work with partners to provide support and diversionary activities to people on the periphery of the drugs trade to help them escape criminality."