Would you like to make this your preferred location?
Win tickets on board the South Devon Railway
Photo credit: Roy Smallpage
As a Breeze VIP, you could win a Family Ticket on the Railway and a cream tea each with South Devon Railway.
For your chance to win simply answer the question below.
The multi-award winning South Devon Railway is one of the West Country's best-loved tourist attractions and is the longest established steam railway in the South West.
It's well worth a visit. The line runs along the stunning valley of the Dart between Buckfastleigh and Totnes (Riverside). The steam trains will take you back in time and offer a wonderful all weather attraction for visitors of all ages.
As well as the wonderful scenery, there is loads to see and do, with beautiful gardens, a riverside picnic area, museum and refreshment rooms, plus a great gift shop. Their workshop, where historic locomotives are repaired and overhauled, is well worth a visit.
Buckfastleigh station, which is just off the A38, midway between Exeter and Plymouth, has plenty of free car parking. The South Devon Railway station at Totnes (Riverside) is a 500-yard walk from Totnes mainline station and is linked to the town by a footpath network.
Rails & Ales – 24-27 August
This August Bank Holiday, come to the South Devon Railway for a feast of steam and diesel trains – and our famous beer and cider festival too!
We’ll be running trains all day with departures from each end of the line (Buckfastleigh and Totnes) at frequent intervals throughout the day.
At Buckfastleigh, our London Transport Routemaster bus will be running trips to Buckfast Abbey and along to Ashburton, the original terminus of our line, the garden railway and all our usual attractions, from the museum to the gardens and gift shop, will be open.
At Staverton, our midway point on the line, the beer and cider festival will be in full swing from 11.0am until late (6pm on Monday), offering a great selection of different ales, craft beers and ciders to enjoy from Devon Diesel Society’s award-winning bar.
In addition, there will be:
- a barbecue on Friday & Saturday evening
- buffet car serving a variety of hot and cold foods and soft drinks
- a ‘just for fun’ quiz on Sunday evening.
- The following rules ("Specific Rules") together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at https://www.thebreeze.com/terms-and-conditions/ (the "Competition Terms and Conditions") of Celador Radio & Anglian Radio (as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions) apply to 'South Devon Railway VIP radio competition (the "Competition") which will run from 10/08/2018 to 23/08/2018 on The Breeze South Devon.
- Anyone who enters the Competition (an "Entrant") will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
- To enter the Competition an Entrant must complete an entry form on The Breeze website. The form will open for entries at on 10/08/2018 and close at midnight on 23/08/2018. All mandatory fields must be completed.
- Entrants will be selected at random from all submissions online.
- The winner will be selected on the 24th August 2018 and contacted by a representative of the Breeze.
- Over 18's only.
- Entry is restricted to one entry per person; duplicate entries will be excluded from the Competition.
Ticket for South Devon Railway for a family of 4 plus cream tea per person. The ticket is valid for 12 months from the 24th August 2018.
More from The Breeze
The Breeze VIP Club
Get the VIP newsletter and be the first to hear of our incredible competitions!