A man aged 76 was treated by an ambulance crew in Paignton last night after a fire.
It broke out in St Pauls Road in Preston just before 930pm.
A crew from Torquay were also called to the scene.
It's believed the fire started in the kitchen.
A spokesperson for Devon & Somerset Fire service said: "On arrival the Incident Commander quickly got crews to work to locate and extinguish the fire using breathing apparatus, hose reel jets and a positive pressure ventilation fan.
"The Incident Commander also requested an ambulance to attend for a 76 year old male casualty with smoke inhalation.
"The fire, which appeared to have started in the kitchen, caused approximately 50 per cent fire damage and severe smoke damage."