Homeless charities across Torbay have done well in today's funding announcement by the lottery.
More than £50 million has been given out across the country.
Earlier this year The Breeze revealed there's around 35 rough sleepers a night in Torbay - six times higher than the number five or six years ago.
Locally the projects which secured funding include:
- Awards for All So-Fly CIC Great Parks Pic 'n' Mix The funding will be used to develop a range of activities at a local community centre that will be accessible for everyone. The project aims to provide the community with a hub where they can build relationships, improve their skills and access signposting services. Torbay South West £9,164.00
- Awards for All Humanity Torbay Helping Humanity Torbay set up home! The funding will be used by a community organisation to make improvements to the space where they offer support to local homeless people. The project aims to improve people’s life chances through offering better provision and services six days a week. Torbay South West £10,000.00
- National Lottery Awards for All Brentor & Moor Compassionate Neighbours Start up costs The funding will be used to set up a support service for people with long term health conditions, offering assistance in order to improve their quality of life. West Devon South West £10,000.00
- Awards for All Fort Apache Fort Apache Design and Build The funding will be used to improve a local play site, by installing a log cabin, a swing and constructing a fire pit. This will improve local play space for young people, giving them an area they can manage and call their own, reducing isolation and improving young people’s resilience. Torbay South West £3,245.00
- Awards for All Roots and Shoots Nature and Nurture - Family Support and Outdoor Education for Chagford The funding will be used to provide a range of activities for vulnerable families during weekends and school holidays, including outdoor pursuits and creative play. The project aims to allow children and their families to gain access to support and reduce isolation in this rural area. West Devon South West £10,000.00
- National Lottery Awards for All Cheriton Fitzpaine Community Shop Fit-Out of New Community Shop Building "The funding will be used to fir out a new community shop, creating a facility which serves the needs of this rurally isolated area.
- " Mid Devon South West £10,000.00
- National Lottery Awards for All The Bay Foundation Disabled And Carers Trust Who Cares The funding will be used to provide counselling and awareness sessions for hard-to-reach carers in order to relieve isolation and support confidence-building. Torbay South West £10,000.00
- National Lottery Awards for All ACE Supporting disabled people The funding will be used make improvements to services that support disabled people, increasing the sustainability of services and contributing towards running costs of activities. Torbay South West £10,000.00
- Awards for All Torbay Bravo Groups Torbay Bravo The funding will be used to run peer support sessions for local people with mental health issues. The sessions will include coffee and walking groups, monthly drop-in sessions and a fortnightly reading group. The project aims to provide support, reduce social isolation and improve mental health and wellbeing. Torbay South West £9,973.40
- National Lottery Awards for All Brixham Blind Club Coming together in Torbay The funding will be used by a user-led group to offer trips for visually impaired people. The project aims to reduce social isolation for attendees, and improve the capacity of the organisation to manage demand for trips. Torbay South West £9,960.00
- National Lottery Awards for All Chudleigh Baptist Church Connecting Chudleigh The funding will be used to support a post at a citizen’s advice bureau in the local town centre, providing services to improve people’s skills and maximise their potential. Teignbridge South West £7,840.00
- Awards for All The Crafty Fox Café N Hub Can We Fox It? The funding will be used to run counselling and support sessions for people living with the effects of depression and anxiety, as well as hosting day trips and a seasonal event to bring the community together. The project aims to improve the mental health and wellbeing of people attending the sessions. Torbay South West £5,200.00
- Awards for All Bovey Futures Bovey Futures Community Consultation and Information Project The funding will be used to run community consultation events to find out local community needs and priorities. The project aims to help people to become engaged in identifying and influencing local issues. Teignbridge South West £9,872.00
- National Lottery Awards for All Totnes Caring Totnes Caring Art Group "The funding will be used to run art clubs for older people with conditions such as dementia, so they can participate in activities which reduce their feelings of isolation.
- " South Hams South West £9,849.00
- National Lottery Awards for All Centrepeace Vocational Volunteer Venture The group will use the funding to provide travel and training for volunteers at a community support centre. Torbay South West £9,797.00
- National Lottery Awards for All Moorvision Find, Find Out and Fulfil – Blind Kids Together The funding will be used by a charity to run a new initiative, bringing together blind and visually impaired (VI) children and young people in the South West, creating peer support networks, offering learning opportunities and instilling confidence in participants. South Hams South West £10,000.00