On Air

The Weekend Wind Down 6:00PM - 10:00PM

Now Playing

Foreigner I Want To Know What Love Is
You are viewing content from The Breeze South Devon.
Would you like to make this your preferred location?

Boy dies at Center Parcs resort in Wiltshire

A boy has died at a Center Parcs in Wiltshire after becoming unwell in the indoor pool area.

It's understood he fell ill and collapsed at Longleat Forest on Saturday afternoon (17th August). 

Emergency services were called to the park but were unable to resuscitate the boy.

A spokesperson for the holiday resort chain said "We are deeply saddened by the tragic news that a young guest passed away after becoming unwell whilst at Longleat Forest."

"We are continuing to offer our support to the family and to our employees who provided immediate assistance."

"Our team responded professionally and appropriately in very challenging circumstances. They provided CPR, with the assistance of medically trained members of the public, until paramedics arrived and screened the area from view while the boy was being treated."

"At the family’s request, we did not share any further information on the boy’s condition until the family were comfortable with us doing so."

"We have remained in regular contact with the family throughout the week and they have passed on their gratitude to the team for the way they responded and the immediate medical care they provided."

"Our thoughts remain with the family and we would reiterate that they have asked for complete privacy at this very upsetting time."

More from Local News