A man has been jailed for two years following an investigation into a burglary series in Southsea.
Charlie McGowan, 20, of Union Road in Portsmouth, appeared at Portsmouth Crown Court for sentence on Friday, 8 November.
He had pleaded guilty to two counts of burglary, which took place on Jessie Road and Francis Avenue on 26 September 2019. A PS4 Console, a TV, Apple Airpods, LG soundbar, DVDs and a Samsung Mobile phone were stolen in these burglaries.
A further six burglaries were taken into account by the court. These were committed at:
- Jessie Road, Southsea on 26 September. Cash, an Xbox and a chainsaw were stolen.
- Francis Avenue on 26 September. Nothing was stolen.
- Crofton Road between 29 and 30 September. Cash and a rucksack were stolen.
- Fawcett Road on 7 October. A PS4 was stolen.
- Lion Terrace on 4 October. A PS4, games, controllers and cigarettes were stolen.
- Percy Road between 7 and 13 October. A Nintendo Switch was stolen.
Speaking after the hearing, investigating officer, PC Kirsty Watts, said: “McGowan’s actions have had a detrimental effect on the victims, who not only had property stolen from them but their homes violated by his intrusion. I hope McGowan’s admission will help all those affected.”