NHS Digital has launched an online dashboard enabling users to check figures for check-ins across the country.
The analysis measure three different areas, included drug-related mental and behavioural disorders and poisoning by drug misuse.
The graphic includes data every year from 2013/14, where there were a total of 7,139 admissions - or 13 per 100,000 people.
Figures peaked in 2015/16 with 8,621, but while that figure has gone down there is an increase from last year to this year.
In 2018/19 there were 7,376 recorded cases.
Local figures are below:
- Dorset: 35 admissions in 2018/19
- Hampshire: 125 admissions in 2018/19
- Reading: 25 admissions in 2018/19
- West Berkshire: 5 admissions in 2018/19
- Wiltshire: 35 admissions in 2018/19
The data in the dashboard forms part of the NHS' Statistics on Drug Misuse - England publication series.