An electrical fire in the basement of Festival Place has forced staff to evacuate the building in Basingstoke.
Shoppers and staff from various stores had to wait outside for a time as fire crews dealt with the incident.
Some were stuck outside for nearly an hour.
Staff have now told us the incident is over and the blaze is out.
It's not thought anyone's been injured.
A cordon was in place for a time around the exterior of the shopping centre - as well as inside it too.
Festival Place published this tweet to confirm what happened.
Hi Jonny, we had a confirmed minor electrical fire in the basement of one of our units. Fire Brigade attended. All clear now and all retailers back trading in their units. Thanks, FP— Festival Place (@FestivalPlace) March 14, 2018
Our reporter Jonny Freeman was at the scene, as the evacuation got underway.
We’ve been evacuated from @FestivalPlace in #Basingstoke due to a fire alert. Cordons in place and we’re being told not to move from where we are at the moment @thisisthebreeze @SamThamesValley pic.twitter.com/Kv9d0T3z5d— Jonny Freeman (@jfreeman_93) March 14, 2018
Firefighters @Hants_fire are making their way into @FestivalPlace now. We don’t know what’s going on but one firefighter’s said he doesn’t think the issue is serious. Hoping to be back in soon @thisisthebreeze @SamThamesValley #Basingstoke pic.twitter.com/q0q8LfGhKK— Jonny Freeman (@jfreeman_93) March 14, 2018
We’ve had to move further back from the building - one shop owner’s told me it’s been a ‘scary experience’. Hoping to get back into @FestivalPlace soon #Basingstoke @thisisthebreeze @SamThamesValley pic.twitter.com/vilQC7jM5v— Jonny Freeman (@jfreeman_93) March 14, 2018
Fire crews gave us this update later on.
Straight in with a busy start for Blue Watch Control tonight. Mobilised crews from @Basingstoke_01, @Rushmoor02,@Odiham10, @fleet04 among others to fire at Festival Place, Basingstoke. Luckily the small fire was found to be out on arrival. pic.twitter.com/sOE0ylcPBh— Hants Fire Control (@hfrs_control) March 14, 2018
Emma-Jane Kinney owns Cool Merch - she was one of those evacuated from the building. She says the response from the emergency services and centre staff was impressive:
"We heard the fire alarm go off - and then the evacuation alarm - and we then left the building, it was all a very streamlined and professional response to the incident.
"The fire crews and staff were amazing - they responded immediately."