The South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SWASFT) will be running events right across the South West today, as part of this year's Restart a Heart day.
One of the aims of the day is to train as many people as possible in life-saving techniques, with Community First Responders and Ambulance teams out and about teaching skills in schools across October too;.
The Restart a Heart campaign (RSAH) is an annual initiative led by the Resuscitation Council (UK) in partnership with The British Heart Foundation, British Red Cross, St John Ambulance, and Yorkshire Ambulance Service which aims to improve the low numbers of people surviving out-of-hospital cardiac arrests.
Without CPR the chances of surviving cardiac arrest are zero.
An alliance of organisations all over the world (including Ambulance Services, Medical Schools, and Fire and Rescue Services) will be coming together to increase public awareness of cardiac arrests and increase the number of people trained in life saving CPR by organising and facilitating training events.
This is the sixth annual Restart a Heart campaign and the second annual World Restart a Heart (WRSAH) campaign.
Below is a list of where the free events are taking place today:
- Bristol College Green, Bristol BS1 5UA. 10am - 5pm.
- Regent Arcade, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 1JZ. Time TBC.
- Princesshay Shopping Centre, Exeter, Devon EX1 1QA. 10am - 5pm.
- Stonehenge, Amesbury, Salisbury Wiltshire, SP4 7DE. 10am - 5pm.
- Hestercombe Gardens, Hestercombe, Cheddon Fitzpaine, Taunton, Somerset TA2 8LG. 10am - 4pm.
- Dolphin Shopping Centre, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1SZ. 10am - 5pm
- Eden Project, Bodelva, Par, Cornwall PL24 2SG. 11am - 6pm.