A cast full of stars from the world of theatre, music and television will be performing Aladdin at The Anvil in Basingstoke, for this year's Christmas Pantomime.
We've been catching up with those starring this year, to see how preparations have been going.
Performances will be taking place from Thursday 12th December until Sunday 5th January - and the show's expected to be popular again.
Those performing in the pantomime this year include:
- Mark Rhodes stars as Aladdin
- Mark Moraghan stars as Abanzar
- Chris Pizzey stars as Wishee Washee
- Nic Gibney stars as Widow Twankey
- Charlie Guest stars as PC Pong
- Ashleigh Mackness stars as Princess Jasmine
- Jennifer Harding stars as Spirit of the Ring
- Scott Davies stars as The Gene
- Andrew Gallo stars as The Emperor
Our reporter Jonny Freeman asked the lead character, Mark Rhodes, why he decided to take on the challenge of starring as Aladdin.
Chris Pizzey is directing and starring in the play. He told us more about the challenges juggling two roles can bring.
This year's show also stars the North Hampshire Academy of Dance and Basingstoke Academy of Dancing
It also features the following people behind the scenes:
- Musical director – Martyn Cooper
- Choreographer – Sarah Day
- Executive Pantomime Director – Anthony Williams
- Directed by – Chris Pizzey
- Produced by – Martin Dodd for UK Productions
The cast recorded this video message for us.
NEWS: We’ve been speaking to the cast of #Aladdin, which is this year’s #Christmas panto at The @AnvilArts in #Basingstoke! Hear all about the preparations for the panto in our news tomorrow. pic.twitter.com/WMBx6LRK4C— The Breeze Berkshire & North Hampshire (@thisisthebreeze) September 30, 2019
Here's a picture of some of the cast, who paid a visit to our studio.
(Picture credited to Amanda Burke)