Here's a list of the road closures to be aware of for this weekend's Reading Half Marathon.
The event's taking place on Sunday 17th March, with thousands of runners taking to the streets of the town.
Full details of the road closures in place in Reading are available below.
- A33 (southbound) 9.45am - 11.30am entire Bennet Rd gyratory system
- Bennet Road 9.50am - 3.00pm entire length
- Basingstoke Road 9.50am - 11.25am between Imperial Way & Callington Road
- Island Road 9.30am - 2.35pm entire length
- Hartland Road 9.30am - 11.40am entire length
- Whitley Wood Road 9.30am - 12.00pm between Hartland Road & Shinfield Road
- Shinfield Road 9.30am - 12.30pm between Whitley Wood Road & Christchurch Road
- Pepper Lane 9.30am - 12.30pm entire length
- Christchurch Road 9.30am - 12.30pm entire length
- Kendrick Road 9.30am - 1.00pm entire length
- London Road 9.45am - 12.40pm between Sidmouth Street & Crown Street
- London Street 9.00am - 12.40pm entire length
- Mill Lane (north & southbound) 7.00am - 12.40pm entire length
- Duke Street 9.30am - 12.40pm entire length
- Thorn Lane 9.30am - 12.40pm entire length
- Yield Hall Place 9.30am - 12.40pm entire length
- Minster Street 9.30am - 12.40pm entire length
- Gun Street 9.30am - 12.40pm entire length
- King Street 9.30am - 12.40pm entire length
- King’s Road 9.30am - 12.40pm between Abbey Street and King Street
- Abbey Square 9.30am - 12.45pm entire length
- Abbey Street 9.30am - 12.45pm entire length
- Abbots Walk 9.30am - 12.45pm entire length
- The Forbury 9.30am - 12.45pm entire length
- Butter Market 9.30am - 12.45pm entire length
- High Street 9.30am - 12.45pm entire length
- Market Place 9.30am - 12.45pm entire length
- Blagrave Street 9.30am - 12.45pm between Valpy Street and Friar Street Valpy Street
- 9.30am - 12.45pm entire length
- Friar Street 9.00am - 12.50pm between Blagrave Street and West Street
- Station Road 9.30am - 12.50pm entire length
- West Street 9.00am - 12.50pm entire length
- Oxford Road 9.30am - 1.05pm between West Street and Bedford Road (restricted access from 9am)
- Russell Street 9.30am - 1.00pm entire length
- Tilehurst Road 9.30am - 1.15pm between Russell Street and Liebenrood Road
- Liebenrood Road 9.30am - 2.00pm entire length
- Bath Road 9.30am - 1.50pm between Circuit Lane and Coley Avenue
- Castle Hill 9.30am - 1.50pm entire length
- Coley Avenue 9.30am - 1.40pm between Bath Road and Berkeley Avenue
- Berkeley Avenue 9.30am - 1.55pm between Elgar Road and Shaw Road
- Rose Kiln Lane (northbound) 9.30am - 1.55pm between Berkeley Avenue and junction with A33
- A33 (northbound) 9.30am - 3.00pm between Bennet Road and IDR
- Lindisfarne Way 9.45am - 11.30am westbound - no access to A33
- Longwater Avenue 7.00am - 3.00pm entire length
- Brook Drive 7.00am - 3.00pm entire length
- Northern Way 7.00am - 4.00pm entire length
- Hoops Way 7.00am - 4.00pm entire length
- Shooters Way 7.00am - 4.00pm entire length
Main arterial routes in the town centre will remain open:
- A4074 Woodcote Rd to A4155 to IDR and A4155 Henley Rd to IDR.
- J10 – A329 Wokingham Rd – London Rd –Sidmouth St – Queen’s Rd – IDR.
- J12 – Bath Rd – Honey End Lane – Tilehurst Rd – Water Rd & Grovelands Rd – Oxford Rd– Chatham St –IDR.
- Access from the South will be restricted as runners get underway. Visitors travelling into Reading on the M4 are advised to use junctions 10 and 12 until 2pm to avoid delays.
Access to Hospitals:
- Royal Berkshire Hospital: Access from London Road;
- Berkshire Independent Hospital: access from Bath Rd/Berkeley Avenue;
- Dunedin Hospital: access from IDR – Castle Hill – Bath Rd access lane (allow for delay). Circle Hospital: access via Basingstoke Rd and Manor Farm Road.
Town Centre Car Parks:
- All Town Centre car parks will open as normal, apart from Oracle Riverside, which will open at 12.40pm – use Oracle Holy Brook.
- Smallmead Household Waste Recycling Centre and access to Link Retail Park will open around 3pm.