Gillingham & Shaftesbury Show
The Gillingham & Shaftesbury Show is one of the largest one-day agricultural shows in the south, held on their own Turnpike Showground in North Dorset.
This traditional show is held on Wednesday 14th August, from 8.30am – 6.30pm, and regularly has an attendance of over 24,000 people. Join The Breeze team on Wednesday 14th from 8:30am – 6:30pm where you will have the chance to win £150 on the Winning Wheel!
With over 520 trade stand exhibitors there is an enormous choice available to visitors from the cradle to the grave, from schools & further education to fitness and medical advice, home improvement to cars, trucks & 4×4’s, handicrafts & gifts to food glorious food to eat in or take home, plus of course over 100 stands of tractors, machinery and farming suppliers.
The competitive sections include cattle, sheep, horses, dogs, poultry, rabbits, homecrafts, handicrafts, art and a huge range of classes for younger exhibitors, all of which need to be entered in advance. For further information, and entry forms, click here: https://www.gillshaftshow.co.uk/show-areas
Agriculture, farming and rural activities are at the very heart of the show and visitors will be able to watch the finest cattle & sheep being paraded and judged. Our new Education Area – Farm, Food & Fun, will help to show how milk, meat and grain are produced on local farms and how it eventually reaches your table, there will be lots of hands-on activities for all ages.
In the Harts of Stur Food Hall there are over sixty producers of the finest quality food and drink, including a gluten-free bakery specialist, local wines and cheeses, speciality Greek food providers, hot pies to be nibbled beer to be drunk along with a huge range of ready to eat foods.
Back to the Show by popular request will be the ‘Scare Crow Trail’ we are asking trade exhibitors to make up a scarecrow that in some ways represents or promotes their business.
There is a full day of entertainment and displays in three rings, the east ring will have a full day of horse showing classes and show jumping classes. In the Turnpike Ring, countryside sports include ferret and terrier racing, birds of prey, sheep dogs and the dog & duck display a packed programme of exciting entertainment.
Ticket information can be found here: https://www.gillshaftshow.co.uk/ticket-information
And visit the facebook page:
1. The following rules ("Specific Rules") together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at https://www.thebreeze.com/
2. Anyone who enters the Competition (an "Entrant") will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
3. To enter the Competition an Entrant must attend the Gillingham and Shaftesbury event, taking place in Wednesday 14th August. Entrants are required to take part in our winning wheel game and provide their contact details to a representative from the radio station. Entrants must spin the wheel and if the wheel lands on 'win', they will be entered into the competition draw. The Breeze team reserve the right to disqualify entrants who attempt to influence the spinning of the wheel unfairly.
4. Entries will open at 08.30 and close at 18.30 on 14/08/19.
6. Entrants must be 16 or over.
7. Entry is restricted to one entry per person; duplicate entries will be excluded from the Competition.
8. £150 cash.
9. A winner will be selected at random from all the entrants and contacted by The Breeze on 15/08/19. The cash prize will be transferred to the winner's bank account within 30 days of receiving their bank details.
More from The Breeze
Catch your local Breeze
Find your nearest station to listen live, see local news, features and more.
The Breeze VIP Club
Get the VIP newsletter and be the first to hear of our incredible competitions!