0630 Parking restrictions come into force.
0800 The Northbound side of Parkway, from the junction with Westonzoyland Road to a point 20 metres north of Bincombe Road will be closed and a contraflow will be installed on part of the southbound carriageway in the same area. This will enable the installation of a weighing device.
Cornhill, York Buildings and High Street will close to enable street entertainment to take place in High Street and on Cornhill. Discussions will be held/have taken place with traders in High Street to come to amicable arrangements for deliveries and with the bus companies to arrange alternative pick up points to those in the High Street.
1000 Parkway Northbound, Wyndham Road and Frederick Road from Wyndham Road to Parkway will be closed to enable the procession to line up. The balance of the contraflow will be installed on Parkway.
Access to Fairfax Road will be maintained at the junction with Parkway and access will also be maintained to Sydenham Close, Charlton Close and Bincombe Road for Residents and Emergency Vehicles.
1200 Knowle Road & Trevor Road will close to enable the walking entries to assemble.
Lane 1 of Broadway from Friarn Street to the junction with Taunton Road will be closed to facilitate the arrival of the Grandstands and to enable parking of pre-booked coaches from 1430 hours.
Lane 1 of Broadway from Taunton Road to a point 50m before the junction with Albert Street will be closed to enable the parking of pre-booked coaches from 1400 hours.
1400 Broadway (northbound) from Salmon Parade; Monmouth Street (Northbound) and Blake Place (at the junction of Monmouth Street) will be closed to enable Grandstands to be positioned on Broadway between Salmon Parade and Eastover. The grandstands will arrive at 1400 hours and be escorted along Monmouth Street to Broadway. Lane 1 of Monmouth Street will remain closed to allow coaches registered with the Carnival to park from 1430 hours. The Diversion route for northbound traffic will be via Salmon Parade, East Quay, Wylds Road and The Drove to Bristol Road.
1700 In preparation for the closure of Broadway at 1800 hours, lane 3 of Taunton Road inbound on the approach to the traffic lights at the junction with Broadway will be closed.
1800 Closure points will be installed at such locations as necessary to close the following roads:
- Bath Road (Bower Lane to Cross Rifles)
- Monmouth Street
- Broadway (Taunton Road to Monmouth Street)
- Taunton Road (Broadway to St Mary Street)
- St Mary Street
- Mount Street
- East Quay (Wylds Road to The Clink)
- Wylds Road (East Quay to The Drove)
- Bristol Road (Union Street to Cross Rifles)
- St John Street (Barclay St to Monmouth Street)
- The Clink
- The Drove
- Salmon Parade (Hospital Car Park to Broadway)
- Salmon Parade (Lime Kiln Inn to Broadway)
- Dampiet Street (George Street to St Mary’s Street)
- Old Taunton Road (at junction with Broadway)
1900 Taunton Road (from Canal Bridge)
1930 Bristol Road (Wylds Road to The Drove)
Post Procession. Following the procession the following closure points will be installed to assist with the passage of the procession and the departure of the crowds from the town:
- Bath Road (in bound) at the junctions with Parkway
- College Way
- Monmouth Street (southbound) at the junction with Polden Street
- Old Taunton Road (at junction with Taunton Road/St Mary Street)
- Broadway (southbound) at Eastover junction
- Broadway (southbound) at Salmon Parade junction
- St Mary Street at junction with Little St Mary Street
- Mount Street at Car Park exits (including Castle Moat)
- Cross Rifles/The Clink
0100 All roads to be fully open and parking restrictions end.
Check out the route
See all the closures
The carnival timings
Everything you've ever wanted to know!
Parking & Amenities
Check out the photos from 2016!
More from The Breeze
Find 1000s of singles in your area with The Breeze Dating. Sign up for free and start a conversation with like-minded individuals today.
Catch your local Breeze
Find your nearest station to listen live, see local news, features and more.
The Breeze VIP Club
Get the VIP newsletter and be the first to hear of our incredible competitions!