Would you like to make this your preferred location?
Win £250 Shopping Vouchers with Museums Week
This October half term, The Breeze are supporting Museums Week 2017. Running from October 21st - 29th, the celebration is organised by Bath & North East Somerset Council. It will showcase the unique collections and activities in our local museums. To mark it's arrival, The Breeze are giving you the chance to win £250 worth of shopping vouchers to add to the enjoyment of the day out.
There are 21 different venues (offering 45 different activities) taking part in Museums Week this year, with events for all ages and interests. Visitors will be able to enjoy a host of events and special activities from children’s trails and walking tours; fossil hunting, painting and shadow puppetry; to making your very own Halloween kaleidoscope, learning about local history, and food tasting - there’s something for everyone during the nine-day celebration over the half term period.
The museums and activities are free of charge to BANES residents with Discovery Cards, on the dates and times listed on the website. Most activities are free after paying entry for non-Discover Card holders, see the specific events on the Museums Week website for details.
If you'd like to win some shopping vouchers, to supplement your trip to Bath, fill out your details below. For a full list of activities visit: bathmuseumsweek.co.uk.
- Museum of East Asian Art. Autumn Festival 10am-5pm 21 – 29 October.
- Join the Autumn Festival season, learn about festival customs from East and South East Asia, and discover collections by following the adult and family trails.
- Herschel Museum of Astronomy. LINA: Movement in the Museum Saturday 21 October, 11am-3pm.
- The Forged Line Dance Company bring the story of William and Caroline to life with a performance throughout the Museum. The current exhibition 'Jubilate' is about musical life in Georgian Bath and we are celebrating the work of William Herschel and his sister Caroline in music and dance for all to enjoy.
- The Guildhall. Welcome to the Mayor's Parlour. 23-27 October, 11am-4pm.
- 800 years of history on display. Visit the Mayor's Parlour and hear some of the fascinating facts about the city's 790 Mayors who have held office since the year 1230. The City's gold, silver and Civic Regalia will be on display along with several of Bath's 27 Royal Charters including those granted to the City in 1189 by Richard I plus the visually spectacular Charter 22 granted to the City by Elizabeth I in 1590. All welcome.
- Radstock Museum. Outdoor Fossil Hunt. Monday 23 October, 2pm-4pm.
- Take part in an outdoor fossil hunt on a coal spoil heap. Meet outside Radstock Museum and take a 15 minute walk to a nearby coal spoil heap to search for fossils. Bring a small hammer and bag to collect your finds. Suitable clothes and footwear needed for a walk and climb. Goggles provided. This activity may be cancelled in poor weather.
- No.1 Royal Crescent. Tuesday 24 October, 11am-3pm. Landscapes on canvas – paint like a professional.
- The current exhibition 'A View of the Crescent' is full of beautiful paintings of the famous Royal Crescent. Between 11.00 – 11.15 and 1.30 – 1.45 artistic guidance will be given on how to create great scenes using acrylic paint, then you can get to work creating your own view or copy a famous Bath scene. Or you can simply drop in anytime between 11.15 and 3.00 and get painting! Mini canvases are supplied so you can take your masterpiece home or leave it with us to display to the public. All welcome.
More from The Breeze
Tell us about your favourite relaxing songs, and get a visit from The Breeze Team.
Find 1000s of singles in your area with The Breeze Dating. Sign up for free and start a conversation with like-minded individuals today.
Are you fun, friendly and reliable? This could be you for you.
East Hampshire and South West Surrey
The Breeze VIP Club
Get the VIP newsletter and be the first to hear of our incredible competitions!