Open Studios North Hampshire and West Berkshire
Open Studios West Berkshire and North Hampshire is a non profit making organisation that celebrates the diversity of visual arts available within the local community.
Every May around 100 local artists open their studios and exhibitions free of charge and are happy to talk about their creative process with visitors.
We work to make entering any art space a comfortable experience to encourage and promote accessibility to art and artists. Works of art are normally for sale but there is no obligation to buy and the focus is on enjoying your visit.
A visitor to Open Studios during May can:
1. Collect a FREE copy of our full colour printed Directory of Artists from local venues (Corn Exchange, local Libraries, Town Hall, many local shops) with details of all artists and venues that are open.
2. Visit the Insight Exhibition at New Greenham Arts Centre, the showcase exhibition for the year with work from all participating artists, including sculpture, painting, drawing, textiles, glass, jewellery, metalwork, furniture and this year for the first time edible art!
3. Visit over 100 artists that open their doors during May 2014
4. Visit other exhibitions at Arlington Arts, Benchmark, Newbury's Corn Exchange, Newbury Library, The Watermil Theatre, West Berkshire Community Hospital and more...
5. Take par in hands on workshops - normally six run every year
More from The Breeze
Catch your local Breeze
Find your nearest station to listen live, see local news, features and more.
The Breeze VIP Club
Get the VIP newsletter, listen to full interviews and get more exclusively with the VIP Club!