Simon Says supports children and young people of Hampshire up to the age of 18 who have been bereaved of a significant person in their lives. Simon Says has a number of support groups in Hampshire and we hold monthly support groups on Sunday afternoons run by trained volunteers at the Hatch Warren Community Centre.
Aims and Objectives of our group:
• To give support to bereaved children and young people in Basingstoke and surrounding areas
• The group is held in a safe and friendly environment
• For children and their carers to meet others in a similar situation to them and know that they are not the only ones to have lost someone special.
• Those coming for the first time will have time with one of our trained volunteers who will reassure and welcome them to the group
• Our groups are tailored around the needs of the families in a friendly and informal atmosphere
• Each group follows a theme including : Happy memories, change, relationships, sadness.
• Children and young people take part in therapeutic activities eg. Memory boxes, scrap books, decorated candles and coloured sand jars.
• These activities encourage children and young people to sit together and talk about their bereavement and related issues while busy with the craft.
• With this support the children will find it easier to talk about their feelings in the wider community
• Those who attend the group are able to attend as and when they require and for as long as they feel necessary.
Phone: 08453 055 744
More from The Breeze
Find 1000s of singles in your area with The Breeze Dating. Sign up for free and start a conversation with like-minded individuals today.
Catch your local Breeze
Find your nearest station to listen live, see local news, features and more.
The Breeze VIP Club
Get the VIP newsletter and be the first to hear of our incredible competitions!