Westlife – the UK’s top selling album group of the 21st Century – will tour the UK in 2020 with their 15-date Stadiums in the Summer Tour.
The summer tour, which includes a date at Kingsholm Stadium on Sunday 12 July 2020, will see them perform all of their greatest hits including ‘Swear It Again’, ‘Flying Without Wings’ and ‘You Raise Me Up’ as well as up-tempo new songs from their forthcoming new album ‘Spectrum’.
“The reaction to our comeback tour was beyond anything any of us ever imagined so we’re going to do it all over again but this time in some of the largest outdoor venues in the UK. The shows are going to be incredible and will include all our greatest hits. We can’t wait to perform at Kingsholm Stadium”, say the band.
Westlife have sold more than 55 million records worldwide and are the only band to have their first seven singles enter the UK chart at No.1.
They also have the most singles of any artist to debut at No.1 in the UK. Overall the band have had an incredible 14 No.1 singles, behind only Elvis Presley and The Beatles.
They have had 33 No.1 albums worldwide and as a live act have sold 5 million concert tickets worldwide.
Speaking about the Stadiums in the Summer Tour coming to Kingsholm Stadium, Lance Bradley, Chief Executive Officer of Gloucester Rugby said:
“We are delighted to be welcoming Westlife to the home of Gloucester Rugby, Kingsholm Stadium, in July 2020. We have been hosting concerts with great success, at Kingsholm for several years and we are looking forward to adding Westlife to the list of distinguished acts who have performed here.”
Stadiums in the Summer Tour will see Westlife play the following dates:
- Fri 19 – Norwich, Carrow Road
- Sun 21 – Peterborough, The Weston Homes Stadium
- Fri 26 – Cardiff, Cardiff City Stadium
- Sat 27 – Falkirk, The Falkirk Stadium
- Jun 28 – Inverness, Inverness Caledonian Stadium
- Fri 03 – Southampton, The Ageas Bowl
- Sat 04 – Plymouth, Home Park
- Sun 05 - Colwyn Bay, Stadiwm Zipworld
- Fri 10 – Hull, Hull College Craven Park Stadium
- Sat 11 Jul – Colchester, Castle Park
- Sun 12 – Gloucester, Kingsholm Stadium
- Thurs 16 – Leicester, Fischer County Ground
- Fri 17 – Kent, The Spitfire Ground
- Sat 18 – Durham, Emirates Riverside
- Sat 22 - Wembley Stadium