Various hospitals across our region have suspended visiting with immediate effect, due to concerns around the spread of coronavirus.
Yesterday (25/03), Southmead Hospital in Bristol introduced a ban - this is the city's biggest hospital.
It says the new rules respect social distancing instructions, introduced by the government on Monday.
However, North Bristol NHS Trust - which oversees Southmead - says "exceptions can be made on compassionate grounds, including vulnerable patients with dementia or learning disabilities, patients receiving end-of-life care, neonatal and labour wards".
The University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust - currently running several institutions across the city, including the Bristol Royal Infirmary - has also made its announcement on restrictions this morning, as has Weston General Hospital in Weston-super-Mare.
The changes follow Bath's Royal United Hospital, Gloucestershire Royal Hospital and Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust imposing similar measures in recent days.
To help protect our patients and staff we have suspended visiting to our hospitals with immediate effect.— UH Bristol NHS FT (@UHBristolNHS) March 26, 2020
Please view our website for all the details: https://t.co/5GV2lvcciO pic.twitter.com/Dwj7EHYDu9
Please use the following links for more information:
- Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust - https://www.gloshospitals.nhs.uk/about-us/news-media/press-releases-statements/hospital-visiting-stopped/
- Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust - https://www.gwh.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/coronavirus-(covid-19)/information-for-patients-and-visitors/visitor-restrictions/
- North Bristol NHS Trust - https://www.nbt.nhs.uk/news-media/latest-news/updated-visitors-are-not-permitted-hospital-due-risk-covid-19
- Royal United Hospital Bath - https://www.ruh.nhs.uk/patients/services/wards/visiting.asp
- University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust - http://www.uhbristol.nhs.uk/coronavirus-(covid-19)/