Would you like to make this your preferred location?
The 12 Tips of Christmas Dinner
Turtledoves and drummers drumming won’t help you out this Christmas, but we’ve rounded up the twelve top tips of Christmas dinner so you can serve up a delicious meal whilst saving precious time on Christmas Day.
- Yorkshire pudding batter rises best when it’s made in advance, so rest it overnight in the fridge
- Preparing gravy a day early also helps things go more smoothly on the day
- Speaking of things going smoothly, pass lumpy gravy through a sieve to get that perfect consistency
- Separate turkey legs to reduce cooking time
- Save space with ice buckets for your beer and wine – leaving more room in the fridge for all those trimmings
- Wrap a muslin cloth soaked in butter around the turkey to retain the moisture and stop it drying out
- Parboil potatoes the night before so they’re ready to roast straight away on Christmas Day
- Spruce up your sprouts by flash cooking them with a sprinkle of pancetta
- Peel and chop your vegetables and potatoes in advance and keep them in cold water so they’re ready to go when you need them
- Open red wine a short while before you serve it – this lets it breathe
- Roast potatoes on one layer for the crispiest results
- Liven up the gravy with a dash of soy sauce or redcurrant jelly
More from The Breeze
Find 1000s of singles in your area with The Breeze Dating. Sign up for free and start a conversation with like-minded individuals today.
Tell us about your favourite relaxing songs, and get a visit from The Breeze Team.
Are you fun, friendly and reliable? This could be you for you.
The Breeze VIP Club
Get the VIP newsletter and be the first to hear of our incredible competitions!